[ovirt-users] Moving thin provisioned disks question

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 10:04:24 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Fred Rolland <frolland at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The qemu operation progress is parsed [1] and is printed on debug level in
> Vdsm log [2].

Where should I see this information: vdsm.log ?

It seems I see nothing. Could it depend on settings in
 /etc/vdsm/logger.conf ?
Which part of this file in case would rule the presence of the log messages
related to move progress?

In the UI, a progress indication of the operation is available on the disks
> status for the "Move Disk" operation.
> Currently only for this operation.

I have not understood.
In all parts in te gui where there is a disk section  only see "Locked" in
status

eg

Disks -> the line with the moving disk presents "Locked"
Virtual Machines -> select my vm -> Disks -> select the moving disk, it
contains "Locked"
Virtual Machines -> select my vm -> Snapshots -> Disks, it presents "Locked"

Version is 4.1.1

Thanks

Gianluca