[ovirt-users] Unable to rename disks via REST API

Bruno Rodriguez bruno at pic.es
Wed Jun 28 10:55:57 UTC 2017

I'm sorry about bothering you again, but after trying it some times I'm
still getting a "500 Internal Server Error". I'm using a REST client
instead of CURL and I tried adding a "Version: 3" to headers and used the
URL with the v3 as well.

I'm issuing a PUT of

To the URL

https://myserver/ovirt-engine/api/v3/vms/62498f51-0203-48b9-83c8-4c6f3bdfe05c/disks/583ed952-46a8-4bc5-8a27-8660e4a24ea2

I mean, I can live without it but we are using oVirt as a "static
virtualization" environment and is quite useful for us being able to
recognize easily each disk by its server name. In case I have to wait until
the 4.2 API version to automatize this I'll do :(