[ovirt-users] problems with ovirt-iso-uploader

Bond Masuda -X (bmasuda - ALAGEN LLC at Cisco) bmasuda at cisco.com
Wed Mar 1 01:36:57 UTC 2017

Hi,

First time oVirt user here... went through the setup process for oVirt 4.1.0.4 on CentOS-7.3 (1611) and all was going well, other than a slight hiccup requiring me to disable the EPEL repo, and then I tried to connect to REST API with ovirt-iso-uploader to put ISO files in my ISO domain:

# ovirt-iso-uploader list
Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal oVirt Engine user (CTRL+D to abort):
ERROR: Unable to connect to REST API at https://hypervisor.kurts-lab.cisco.com:443/ovirt-engine/api due to SDK error
Message: ('Error while sending HTTP request', error(56, 'Received HTTP code 503 from proxy after CONNECT'))

I then tried:

# ovirt-iso-uploader --insecure list
Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal oVirt Engine user (CTRL+D to abort):
ERROR: Unable to connect to REST API at https://hypervisor.kurts-lab.cisco.com:443/ovirt-engine/api due to SDK error
Message: ('Error while sending HTTP request', error(56, 'Received HTTP code 503 from proxy after CONNECT'))

Not that familiar with oVirt. Which log files should I look at to figure out what's causing the problem?

Thanks for any suggestions...
Bond