[ovirt-users] Virsh

Koen Vanoppen vanoppen.koen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 06:37:11 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I know I did it before.... But for the moment I can't connect to virsh...
[root at mercury1 ~]# saslpasswd2 -a libvirt koen
Password:
Again (for verification):
[root at mercury1 ~]# virsh
Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

Type:  'help' for help with commands
       'quit' to quit

virsh # pool-list
Please enter your authentication name: koen
Please enter your password:
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
error: no valid connection
error: authentication failed: authentication failed

So, i created a new username (I had the same error when I tried to set a
password for "admin" user), gave the user a password, but still, I can't
connect... What am I missing?
We are running on ovirt 4. Hypervisors are running.
These are the version of qemu