[ovirt-users] OVirt new cluster host only logins on one iSCSI

Duarte Fernandes Rocha dfr at eurotux.com
Thu Mar 2 17:46:49 UTC 2017

Hi Simone,

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I did not explain myself correctly.

> > I have a Hosted engine Setup, 2 physical hosts, 1 for virtualization and
> > another for managing OVirt.
>
> The host that runs the engine VM could also run other VMs at the same time.
> On the other side, only if both the hosts could run the engine VM,
> ovirt-ha-agent is ensuring HA: HA on a single host is not HA.

The engine is installed on a host with no virtualization capabilities, it is only used for managing
the host agents.

> > I've setup the storage via iSCSI, with 2 sessions
> >
> > tcp: [1] *.*.*.*:3260,1 iqn.1992**************** (non-flash)
> >
> > tcp: [2] *.*.*.*:3260,2 iqn.1992**************** (non-flash)
> >
> > Everything is working as expected until I added a new physical host to the
> > cluster. The new host only establishes 1 iSCSI session.
> >
> > If I add the session manually afterwards:
> >
> > iscsiadm -m node -l
> >
> > I do get both sessions but if I put the host in maintenance it only logs
> > out from the one that the OVirt made.
> >
> > Is there a way to force the new added host to login in the same iscsi
> > targets as the other host?
>
> Deploy it as an hosted-engine host from the webui.

The other host is not deployed (which is working properly) as a "hosted-engine", do I need re-
deploy it as a "hosted-engine"?
I am not using a Self Hosted Engine VM.

Sorry for the confusion/mixup, I am new to OVirt.

Regards,

--
Duarte Fernandes Rocha <dfr at eurotux.com>