[ovirt-users] OVirt new cluster host only logins on one iSCSI

Duarte Fernandes Rocha dfr at eurotux.com
Fri Mar 3 12:11:23 UTC 2017

Hello,

> > Thanks for your reply. Maybe I did not explain myself correctly.

> > and

> > > The host that runs the engine VM could also run other VMs at the same
> >
> > time.
> >
> > > On the other side, only if both the hosts could run the engine VM,
> > >
> > > ovirt-ha-agent is ensuring HA: HA on a single host is not HA.
> >
> > The engine is installed on a host with no virtualization capabilities, it
> > is only used for managing the host agents.
>
> Instead if you directly run engine-engine setup on bare metal you are going
> to directly install the engine on bare metal.
> In that case you the server where you install the engine has no direct
> access to the LUN used to create the storage domains.

Yes, I run the engine on "bare metal". I do not want for this server to see the storage domain.

I have server-engine, server-host1 and now server-host2.

server-engine has only the OVirt engine
server-host1 is my main server runing now several VMs, with 4 storage domains via iSCSI
server-host2 is a new server I added to the default cluster.

All is working well except server-host2 has only one iSCSI session established and server-host1
has two sessions (the storage has two iSCSI interfaces active-backup) and server-host1 has two
paths to every storage domain and server-host2 only has one.

I think it could be because at the time I was adding the server to the cluster (web UI) I was also
allowing it on the storage iSCSI and maybe the iscsi was not available the first time it tried to
connect.... But I already tried removing the host and re-adding but i still only creates on2 iscsi
session.

Regards,

--
Duarte Fernandes Rocha <dfr at eurotux.com>