[ovirt-users] oVirt Hosted Engine Setup fails

Manuel Luis Aznar manuel.luis.aznar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 14:24:50 UTC 2017

Hello there again,

The error on the first email was using the repo ovirt-release41.rpm (
http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release41.rpm), so as I were
getting the same error again and again I am currently trying with
ovirt-release41-snapshot.rpm (
http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release41-snapshot.rpm) and
the result is nearly the same.

After creating the VM on the installation I got the same error with the
command "systemctl status vdsmd":

mar 04 14:10:19 host1.bajada.es vdsm[20443]: vdsm root ERROR failed to
retrieve Hosted Engine HA info

        Traceback (most recent call last):
           File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/host/api.py", line
231, in _getHaInfo
              stats = instance.get_all_stats()
           File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_hosted_engine_ha/client/client.py",
line 102, in get_all_stats
              with broker.connection(self._retries, self._wait):
           File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/contextlib.py", line 17, in __enter__
              return self.gen.next()
           File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_hosted_engine_ha/lib/brokerlink.py",
line 99, in connection
              self.connect(retries, wait)
           File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_hosted_engine_ha/lib/brokerlink.py",
line 78, in connect
              raise BrokerConnectionError(error_msg)
         BrokerConnectionError: Failed to connect to broker, the number of
errors has exceeded the limit (1)

mar 04 14:10:34 host1.bajada.es vdsm[20443]: vdsm
ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.lib.brokerlink.BrokerLink ERROR Failed to connect to
broker, the number of errors has exceeded the limit (1)

I have noticed that the ovirt-ha-agent and ovirt-ha-broker services was not
running. I guess if this have something to do with the error in vsmd
service log.

But in this case the ovirt-hosted-engine-installation prints the vnc
connection and I can connect to the engine VM.

Thanks for all in advance
Any help would be appreciated
Manuel Luis Aznar