[ovirt-users] Contributing on ovirt

Maor Lipchuk mlipchuk at redhat.com
Sun Mar 5 08:47:48 UTC 2017

Hi shubham,

Thank you for your interest in the Configuring the backup storage as
part of the GOSC project.
The idea is to have an alternative for backing up entities like VMs,
Templates and disks from a storage domain.

oVirt has many methods of backup entities such as DB backup, import
storage domain and use of export storage domain.
With this new capability to define a storage domain as a backup it
might help oVirt to achieve an easier alternative solution for the
users to backup entities

I suggest that for start, try to build a working oVirt development
setup with hosts and a few storage domains.

You can follow this wiki:
  http://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/engine-development-environment/

Once you have a working oVirt env we can go forward to the next step.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
You can use the #ovirt channel also.

Regards,
Maor