[ovirt-users] OVirt new cluster host only logins on one iSCSI

Duarte Fernandes Rocha dfr at eurotux.com
Tue Mar 7 16:55:46 UTC 2017

Hello,

For anyone interested this is how I solved the problem.

First, please note that as I mentioned earlier the OVirt documentation states that ALL the iscsi
sessions/paths must be configured when adding the storage domain:

http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/admin-guide/chap-Storage/

Adding iSCSI Storage
Important: If more than one path access is required, ensure to discover and log in to the target
through all the required paths. Modifying a storage domain to add additional paths is currently
not supported.

So one way to fix this issue is:

1. Put the Storage domain under maintenance
2. Remove the storage domain from the datacenter (do not wipe/format)
3. Import storage domain using all the iscsi paths

Another way that I think is better because it does not involve deleting the storage domain is to
use the REST API and/or OVirt Shell.

The storage domain must be in maintenance and the iscsi storage connection must exist. The
upside is that the storage domain does not have to be deleted and imported which may not be
easy if there are VMs using that storage domain.

First we need to have the storage domain ID and the storage connection ID (this one I got using
the first method on an empty LUN)

[oVirt shell (connected)]# list storagedomains

id         : d591d9f0-.....
name       : ISO_DOMAIN

id         : 7d30dff2-.....
name       : LUN

[oVirt shell (connected)]# list storageconnections

id         : b793b463-.....

id         : 65300f39-....

[oVirt shell (connected)]# show storageconnection 65300f39-ac93-423a-9692-15984f842ae2

id      : 65300f39-.....
address : ip.addr.x.x
port    : 3260
target  : iqn.1992-04....
type    : iscsi
username: username

With this info make a POST request to the API using curl

#!/bin/sh -ex

# https://ovirt.addr/ovirt-engine/api/storagedomains/STORAGE-DOMAIN-ID/storageconnections

url="https://ovirt.addr/ovirt-engine/api/storagedomains/521fcfdc-...../storageconnections"
User="admin at internal"
password="*********"

curl \
--insecure \
--user "${user}:${password}" \
--request POST \
--header "Accept: application/xml" --header "Content-Type: application/xml" \
--data '
<storage_connection id="430ee71d-......">
</storage_connection>
' \
"${url}"

If there are easier/simpler ways please let me know =)

--
Duarte Fernandes Rocha <dfr at eurotux.com>