[ovirt-users] Second node ovirt 4.0 no ovirtmgmt bridge, non-operational issue

Ian Neilsen ian.neilsen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 23:39:53 UTC 2017

Hi all

I currently have a non-operational second node in my "ovirt 4.0
hosted-engine" installation running on Centos7, kernel
3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64.

When I ran "hosted-engine --deploy" on the second node, it produce the
following error(see bottom of email).

I now cannot set the second node into operational mode, no matter what I
try. I did notice a few things though.

#1 - no ovirtmgt bridge was created during hosted-engine deploy; should I
create this bridge and retry?
#2- vdsmd keep throwing start errors before I ran hosted-engine deploy. I
ran vdsm-tool configure --force this seem to fix it.
#3 - second node complained of no fencing agent, so I added in a DRAC fence
agent and it worked/tested fine. But still not able to go opertional on
second node.
#4 Ive tried restarting vdsmd, ovirt-ha-agent and ovirt-ha-broker. Both the
agent and broker throw error messages.(see bottom of email for errors)

Any advice of where to look next, what to fix?

***Hosted-engine --deploy message***

[WARNING] Host left in non-operational state
          To finish deploying, please:
          - activate it
          - restart the hosted-engine high availability services by running
on this machine:
            # service ovirt-ha-agent restart
            # service ovirt-ha-broker restart
[ INFO  ] Enabling and starting HA services
[ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
[ INFO  ] Generating answer file
'/var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/answers-20170307062116.conf'
[ INFO  ] Generating answer file '/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/answers.conf'
[ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
[ INFO  ] Stage: Termination
[ INFO  ] Hosted Engine successfully deployed

***ovirt-ha-agent error message***

ovirt-ha-agent
ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.agent.hosted_engine.HostedEngine.config ERROR Unable
to get vm.conf from OVF_STORE, falling back to initial vm.conf

***ovirt-ha-broker error message***

ovirt-ha-broker ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.broker.notifications.Notifications
ERROR Connection unexpectedly closed

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_hosted_engine_ha/broker/notifications.py",
line 34, in send_email message.as_string())
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 749, in sendmail
self.rset()
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 468, in rsetreturn
self.docmd("rset")
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 393, in docmdreturn
self.getreply()
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 367, in getreplyraise
SMTPServerDisconnected("Connection unexpectedly
closed")                                  SMTPServerDisconnected:
Connection unexpectedly closed

--
Ian Neilsen

Mobile: 0424 379 762