[ovirt-users] oVirt backup and VM pauses.

Misak Khachatryan kmisak at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 06:11:48 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm using oVirt and recently added backup functionality using this script:

https://github.com/wefixit-AT/oVirtBackup

This script runs every day from cron, but i noticed very bad behavior
with the machines. Script on some stage pauses them, and it leads to
problems. I have NTP stratum 2 server as a virtual machine, which I
added to pool.ntp.org. When machine pauses, it loses time sync for a
while and NTP.ORG monitoring system removes this machine from pool.
And it take about a 24 hours to get good score to be included int the
pool again, then next backup time arrives, and so on.

So my question is - any suggestion to prevent this behavior or any
other backup solution without pausing available?

Best regards,
Misak Khachatryan