[ovirt-users] Passing VLAN trunk to VM

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Fri Mar 10 09:14:45 UTC 2017

You can try to passthrough a dedicated nic for the pfsense vm.

Note if you need several (up to 64) vms with a trunk and if your (often
10Gb )nic supports virtual function, you can use sr-iov so as to share
your PV into 64 VFs.

Le 09/03/2017 à 20:40, Rogério Ceni Coelho a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Ovirt user interface does not allow to input 4095 as a tag vlan number
> ... Only values between 0 and 4094.
>
> This is useful to me too. Maybe any other way ?
>
> Em qui, 9 de mar de 2017 às 16:15, FERNANDO FREDIANI
> <fernando.frediani at upx.com <mailto:fernando.frediani at upx.com>> escreveu:
>
>     Have you tried use Vlan 4095 ? On VMware it used to be the way to
>     pass all Vlans from a vSwitch to a Vlan in a single port. And yes
>     I have used it also for pfSense.
>
>     Fernando
>

>     On 09/03/2017 16:09, Simon Vincent wrote:
>>     Is it possible to pass multiple VLANs to a VM (pfSense) using a
>>     single virtual NIC? All my existing oVirt networks are setup as a
>>     single tagged VLAN. I know this didn't used to be supported but
>>     wondered if this has changed. My other option is to pass each
>>     VLAN as a separate NIC to the VM however if I needed to add a new
>>     VLAN I would have to add a new interface and reboot the VM as
>>     hot-add of NICs is not supported by pfSense.

Nathanaël Blanchet

Supervision réseau
Pôle Infrastrutures Informatiques
227 avenue Professeur-Jean-Louis-Viala