[ovirt-users] migrate to hosted engine

Devin A. Bougie devin.bougie at cornell.edu
Fri Mar 10 13:43:36 UTC 2017

Hi, All.  We have an ovirt 4.1 cluster setup using multiple paths to a single iSCSI LUN for the data storage domain.  I would now like to migrate to a hosted engine.

I setup the new engine VM, shutdown and backed-up the old VM, and restored to the new VM using engine-backup.  After updating DNS to change our engine's FQDN to point to the hosted engine, everything seems to work properly.  However, when rebooting the entire cluster, the engine VM doesn't come up automatically.

Is there anything that now needs to be done to tell the cluster that it's now using a hosted engine?

I started with a  standard engine setup, as I didn't see a way to specify multiple paths to a single iSCSI LUN when using "hosted-engine --deploy."

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Devin