[ovirt-users] Passing VLAN trunk to VM

Edward Haas ehaas at redhat.com
Sat Mar 11 20:47:38 UTC 2017

Passing a trunk to the vnic is supported long ago.
Just create a network over a nic/bond that is connected to a trunk port and
do not define any VLAN (we call it non vlan network).
In oVirt, a non-vlan network will ignore the VLAN tag and will forward the
packets as is onward.
It is up to the VM vnic to define vlans or use a promisc mode to see
everything.

OVS can add a layer of security over the existing, by defining explicitly
which vlans are allowed for a specific vnic, but it is not
currently available.