[ovirt-users] iscsi data domain when engine is down

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Sat Mar 11 23:32:06 UTC 2017

Once upon a time, Devin A. Bougie <devin.bougie at cornell.edu> said:
> On Mar 11, 2017, at 10:59 AM, Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net> wrote:
> > Hosted engine runs fine on iSCSI since oVirt 3.5.  It needs a separate
> > target from VM storage, but then that access is managed by the hosted
> > engine HA system.
>
> Thanks so much, Chris.  It sounds like that is exactly what I was missing.
>
> It would be great to know how to add multiple paths to the hosted engine's iSCSI target, but hopefully I can figure that out once I have things up and running.

oVirt doesn't currently support adding paths to an existing storage
domain; they all have to be selected when the domain is created.  Since
the hosted engine setup doesn't support that, there's no way to add
additional paths after the fact.  I think adding paths to a regular
storage domain is something that is being looked at (believe I read that
on the list), so maybe if that gets added, support for adding to the
hosted engine domain will be added as well.

I have a script that gets run out of cron periodically that looks at
sessions and configured paths and tries to add them if necessary.  I
manually created the config for the additional paths with iscsiadm.  It
works, although I'm not sure that the hosted engine HA is really "happy"
with what I did. :)

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>