[ovirt-users] Extend disk in engine appliance in ovirt 4.1.0?

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Mon Mar 13 09:44:44 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 8:26 AM, gflwqs gflwqs <gflwqs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I have recently installed a new ovirt environment from scratch.
> The version is 4.1.0.
> I made a 90GB disk for the hosted engine.
> When i had installed it and log into the engine i see that it has only
> configured 10GB of those 90GB.
> So there is 80GB of unconfigured disk unused.

Can you please attach your hosted-engine-setup log file?

Could you please check if the disk is 90GB but the main disk partition is
just 10 GB?

cloud-utils-growpart should grow the partition on the first boot, if the
issue is there we need to understand why it didn't triggered in your case.

> That is fine as long as it had used lvm but it has not meaning i have to
> take the engine down to extend the disk?
>
> My questions is:
> 1. Why does it not configure all disk?
> 2. Why is it not using lvm?
> 3. What should i do to extend the disk?

It depends on where the issue is (is on the disk size or just on the
partition size?).