[ovirt-users] Suggestion for configuration with only 2 nics and equallogic ISCSI

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Tue Mar 14 18:00:45 UTC 2017

On 03/14/2017 06:16 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm going to configure an environment where I would have:
> - 2 x 1Gbit/s nics that I have to dedicate to ovirt mgmt network only,
> due to design constraints
>
> - 2 x 10Gbit/s nics where I have to configure all other VLANS
>
> In particular I have to define:
> 1) a couple of VLANs for VMs
> 2) VLAN for live migration (can I defined more that 1 of this kind?)
> 3) VLAN for iSCSI against an EQL system

You can create a bonded interface, with as many physicals as you need.
You can then create tagged interfaces on the bonded interfaces.
You can then create bridges to those, with or without IPs depending
on what you are using them for.

In this example, the numbers, 100, 200, 300, and 400, represent VLAN
numbers.

bond0 -> bond0.100 -> ovirtmgmt 10.20.100.20 (examples only)
bond0 -> bond0.200 -> storage 10.20.200.20
bond0 -> bond0.300 -> vm
bond0 -> bond0.400 -> IPMI 10.20.400.20

There is no practical limit.  However, the available hardware will determine
what is appropriate.  With 2 x 10Gb interfaces, and 4 x 1Gb interfaces, this
might look very different.

Also, redundancy, switch fail-over, and other factors apply to decision
making
of how to set up networks on the hosts.