[ovirt-users] Error on Adding Host

FERNANDO FREDIANI fernando.frediani at upx.com
Thu Mar 16 03:24:55 UTC 2017

Hi folks.

I think I have been hit by the most annoying error you can get on oVirt.
I have removed a Host from Engine, re-installed it with the latest
ovirt-node-ng ISO, tried to add the freshly installed Host back to Engine
and got the following error:

"Command returned failure code 1 during SSH session"

The host has the same FQDN as before and I have cleaned the SSH from the
known_hosts file in the Engine before trying to add it on the web interface.

I have also tried this process with 2 different ISO files:
- ovirt-node-ng-installer-ovirt-4.1-pre-2017030911.iso
- ovirt-node-ng-installer-ovirt-4.1-pre-2017031104.iso

And the Engine is version 4.1.1.4-1

Have searched for this error and there are a lot of people affected but not
a single solution solves it.

Please give some light.

Thanks
Fernando