[ovirt-users] upgrade 3.5 to 3.6 auto import storage domain failed

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Thu Mar 16 11:08:12 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 11:33 AM, Резников А.А. <reznikov_aa at soskol.com>
wrote:

> 16.03.2017 12:05, Simone Tiraboschi пишет:
>
> grep host_id /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf
>

>  vds_spm_id |     vds_name
> ------------+------------------
>           1        |     h1new.lan
>           2        |     h2new.lan
>
> [root at h1 /]# grep host_id /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf
> host_id=3
>
> [root at h2 /]# grep host_id /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf
> host_id=4
>
> *Funny, the host id does not match.*
>
> It seems I understand what wrong. In the past, I had two hosts of the
> cluster with id 1 and 2, after i delete them.
> Simon, what is the correct decision? Change vds_spm_id in the engine base
> or fix host_id in "/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf"?

It's really the same, probably it's easier to edit
 /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf on the two hosts since it's
just a text file.
Please take care that you have to stop all the monitoring domain task in
vdsm and remove all the existing sanlock locks.
Probably the easiest option is to set the host (you can do it one host at
at time keeping running VMs include the engine one on the other) in
maintenance mode from the engine, edit
/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf
to reflect the spm_id you have in the engine DB and then reboot the host to
ensure that all the locks are gone.

Since 4.0 we cannot hit this kind of issue anymore since the hosted-engine
hosts (but the bootstrap one) should be deployed from the engine and this
ensure that the spm_id is always in sync.