[ovirt-users] how to attach lvm device to VM ?

TranceWorldLogic . tranceworldlogic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 13:41:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have created LVM partition in host.
I don't want that partition to act as storage domain in ovirt, but I want
to attach that partition to VM.

So I used virsh command to attach device to VM and it was successfully
attached (block device as raw type).
But when I tried to take snapshot of VM from Ovirt, it fail to get
snapshot.

I think it may be due to vdsm as it is not aware of newly attached lvm
device.

Can someone help me to know another way to attach device to VM in Ovirt?
I tried with vdsClient but not got idea or command that will attach device
to VM.

Thanks,
~Rohit