[ovirt-users] iSCSI and multipath deliberation

Pavel Gashev Pax at acronis.com
Thu Mar 16 17:55:20 UTC 2017

Using this logic, oVirt should detect existing storages instead of attaching/mounting them. The same is for networks. A VM can be placed on any host that has required storage(s) and network(s) attached. Datacenters/clusters would be virtual things.

Pros:
* Flexibility for Linux admins, wider usage
* Less code. Less bugs.
Cons:
* You must be a Linux admin to maintain oVirt instances.
* It’s a step back in RHEV/oVirt functionality. I oVirt would lose users. RedHat would lose customers.