[ovirt-users] Chrome and Portal Cert

Brett Holcomb biholcomb at l1049h.com
Sat Mar 18 22:05:59 UTC 2017

I'm running 3.6. version of oVirt on Centos 7.2 physical server in a
hosted engine configuration environment and I keep getting the untrusted
site from Chrome stable current version browser. I've retrieved the cert
from https://myengine/ca.crt and saved it.  I then go to Chrome and
Settings->Advanced->Manage Certificates and import it to trusted
authorities and check all the boxes.  Chrome enters it and seems happy
until I go to the site the next time.  My client is Fedora 24.

I have checked the oVirt docs and ignoring the ones with broken links it
appears I'm following the correct procedure.  I assume Google Chrome is
the culprit and checking on how to enter certs into Google produces
many, many different ways most that are wrong.  The current version
forces you to the developer mode security tab to view the cert. I've
done all that and restarted Chrome and still get the insecure error.

If someone has successfully gotten the oVirt cert to work in Chrome on
Linux (Fedora 24) I would appreciate a post on how it was done.

Thanks.