[ovirt-users] Error on Adding Host

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun Mar 19 07:06:04 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 8:42 PM, FERNANDO FREDIANI
<fernando.frediani at upx.com> wrote:
> Final information about this.
>
> I have re-installed the node with the ISO Release version (2017020112) and
> it now worked, both with SSH port 22 or changed. Therefore Node-NG ISO
> versions 2017030911 and 2017031104 don't work well with my Engine.

Thanks for the investigation and report!

> Despite it was still not able to fetch the fingerprint using running with a
> different port on SSH (and firewalld allowing the port) it was able to add
> the host normally and configure it correctly. Should I report it in bugzilla
> ?
>
> Let me know if you need anything further about this.

Adding Ryan.

I guess it will be useful if you open bugs on above issues even if we eventually
close them as either duplicate of existing bugs or notabug. It will likely help
others in similar situations searching for more information.

Best,

> [...]
> fetch the fingerprint but failed again when adding the host with the same
> error as before. (Yes I have allowed the port in the node firewall)
>
> Before adding the host I have also cleaned both /root/.ssh/known_host and
> /var/lib/ovirt-engine/.ssh/known_hosts
>
> Regards
> Fernando
>

> On 16/03/2017 10:17, FERNANDO FREDIANI wrote:
>
> Well, that's pretty much what I found on most sites about this subject but
> still can't find anything that points to the error (find the related logs
> attached).
>
> Please note that before adding the server the Engine is not able to fetch
> the fingerprint and thorws the following error in the log:
>
> 2017-03-16 09:57:14,998-03 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.GetServerSSHKeyFingerprintQuery] (default
> task-54) [223c2f69-6e84-4d5c-a29d-2f828fd9466e] Could not fetch fingerprint
> of host 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx': Failed to get the session.
>
> The most relevant parts of the attached logs I could find were some things
> related to 'sharedLocks' and 'ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_OBJECT_LOCKED'.
> And the error itself:
>
> SSH error running command root at host1.fqdn.abc.net:55000:'umask 0077;
> MYTMP="$(TMPDIR="${OVIRT_TMPDIR}" mktemp -d -t ovirt-XXXXXXXXXX)"; trap
> "chmod -R u+rwX \"${MYTMP}\" > /dev/null 2>&1; rm -fr \"${MYTMP}\" >
> /dev/null 2>&1" 0; tar --warning=no-timestamp -C "${MYTMP}" -x &&
> "${MYTMP}"/ovirt-host-deploy DIALOG/dialect=str:machine
> DIALOG/customization=bool:True': Command returned failure code 1 during SSH
> session 'root at host1.fqdn.abc.net:55000'
> 2017-03-16 09:58:25,505-03 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.uutils.ssh.SSHDialog]
> (org.ovirt.thread.pool-6-thread-14) [3a4fb0da] Exception:
> java.io.IOException: Command returned failure code 1 during SSH session
> 'root at host1.fqdn.abc.net:55000'
>
> Fernando
>

> On 16/03/2017 04:15, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
>
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 5:24 AM, FERNANDO FREDIANI
> <fernando.frediani at upx.com> wrote:
>
> Hi folks.
>
> I think I have been hit by the most annoying error you can get on oVirt.
> I have removed a Host from Engine, re-installed it with the latest
> ovirt-node-ng ISO, tried to add the freshly installed Host back to Engine
> and got the following error:
>
> "Command returned failure code 1 during SSH session"
>
> The host has the same FQDN as before and I have cleaned the SSH from the
> known_hosts file in the Engine before trying to add it on the web interface.
>
> I have also tried this process with 2 different ISO files:
> - ovirt-node-ng-installer-ovirt-4.1-pre-2017030911.iso
> - ovirt-node-ng-installer-ovirt-4.1-pre-2017031104.iso
>
> And the Engine is version 4.1.1.4-1
>
> Have searched for this error and there are a lot of people affected but not
> a single solution solves it.
>
> Please give some light.
>
> Please check/share /var/log/ovirt-engine/engine.log on the engine

Didi