[ovirt-users] How to deploy hosted-engine to the second and later host machines

Tatsuya suginami at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 15:41:32 UTC 2017

Hello Didi.

Thank you for the information.

> There is an option to configure hosted-engine when adding a host from
> the web ui.
> In 4.1 this is the only way to add a hosted-engine host:
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1366183

Does web ui include Cockpit UI?

I tried to install additional Hosted Engine from Cockpit UI but I received
a same error which I received on cli.
> [ ERROR ] The selected device already contains a storage domain.

I tried from "Start" link, but must I use "Deploy with Gluster *" like
following link?
http://www.ovirt.org/images/wiki/Deploy-With-Gluster.png?1475063791

* In my case, it's "Hosted Engine with Gluster"

I also tried "Hosted Engine with Gluster", but when I ran "deploy" after
option selection,
"Deployment failed" was displayed in a moment and I could not find a log,
so I gave up.

Also, when running "Hosted Engine with Gluster", many things are done
automatically
(create LV and create GlusterFS volume etc.), so I believe there is just
another way to simply add hosted engine.

If you know, could you please tell me which link should be executed to add
hosted-engine?

Thanks,
Tatsuya