[ovirt-users] hosted-engine with iscsi storage domain

Devin A. Bougie devin.bougie at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 20 15:30:05 UTC 2017

We have a hosted-engine running on 4.1 with an iSCSI hosted_storage domain, and are able to import the domain.  However, we cannot attache the domain to the data center.

Just to make sure I'm not missing something basic, does the engine VM need to be able to connect to the iSCSI target itself?  In other words, does the iSCSI traffic need to go over the ovirtmgmt bridged network?  Currently we have the iSCSI SAN on a separate subnet from ovirtmgmt, so the hosted-engine VM can't directly see the iSCSI storage.

Thanks,
Devin