[ovirt-users] Expand an ovirt+glusterfs cluster

Davide Ferrari davide at billymob.com
Tue Mar 21 12:09:23 UTC 2017

Hello

I have a 4 node oVirt 4.0 cluster running on top of glusterfs volumes,
managed by the oVirt cluster (option ticked in the cluster properties)

Now, I'm adding several new nodes to this cluster with a better CPU
(Broadwell vs Haswell) but now comes the "bad" part. Out of enthusiasm I've
already added storage from these new servers to the data volume already
present and used by the current cluster. In fact now ovirt has detected new
hosts and it's asking me if I want to add these host to the cluster.

But there are two problems:
1) I want to create a new, Broadwell cluster
2) I'm using a separate VLAN+domain name for gluster, and oVirt is
proposing me to use the gluster (storage) domain names as the new hosts
identifier.

What are the right steps/actions to take now? It's a running production
system.

Thanks in advance

--
Davide Ferrari