[ovirt-users] How to enable vmdisk property ?

Fred Rolland frolland at redhat.com
Wed Mar 22 07:37:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

I assume you are referring to the vmdisk hook [1]  ?
First, you need to install the hook on the host.

To display the existing VM properties:
engine-config -g UserDefinedVMProperties

Add the vmdisk property, you will have to select the DC version:
engine-config -s UserDefinedVMProperties='vmdisk=^.*$'

Check that value is configured:
engine-config -g UserDefinedVMProperties

Restart the engine.

Now, it should be available in the UI.

[1] https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/vdsm/hook/vmdisk/