[ovirt-users] Interested in contributing to OVirt Community

Maor Lipchuk mlipchuk at redhat.com
Wed Mar 22 15:54:04 UTC 2017

Hi Venkat,

Nice to know you :) Thank you for your interest in the GSoC Project
idea " Configuring a Backup Storage for Ovirt  ".

The idea is to have an alternative for backing up entities like VMs,
Templates and disks from a storage domain.

I will be happy if you could apply to this GSOC project, although,
another student is already applied to this project so at the end we
will probably only choose one applicant.
On the other hand, you could take a look on the other oVirt GSOC
proposals which you might find interesting.

I suggest that for start, try to build a working oVirt development
setup with hosts and a few storage domains.

You can follow this wiki:
  http://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/engine-development-environment/

Once you have a working oVirt env we can go forward to the next step.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
You can also log in to the #ovirt IRC channel for any questions.

Regards,
Maor