[ovirt-users] OVS switch type for hosted-engine

Devin A. Bougie devin.bougie at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 23 14:21:26 UTC 2017

Just to close this thread, we were able to manually convert our hosted-engine 4.1.1 cluster from the Legacy to OVS switch types.  Very roughly:
- Install first host and VM using "hosted-engine --deploy"
- In the Engine UI, change Cluster switch type from Legacy to OVS
- Shutdown the engine VM and stop vdsmd on the host.
- Manually change the switch type to ovs in /var/lib/vdsm/persistence/netconf/nets/ovirtmgmt
- Restart the host

After that, everything seems to be working and new hosts are correctly setup with the OVS switch type.

Thanks,
Devin