[ovirt-users] strange behavior of ovirt-node ng update

Sergey Kulikov serg_k at msm.ru
Thu Mar 23 19:17:51 UTC 2017

I have one Ovirt Node in my test cluster(others are centos), I'm observing strange behavior of update
checker in engine.
In options I can see:
engine=# select * from vdc_options where option_name='OvirtNodePackageNamesForCheckUpdate';
 option_id |             option_name             |        option_value        | version
-----------+-------------------------------------+----------------------------+---------
       124 | OvirtNodePackageNamesForCheckUpdate | ovirt-node-ng-image-update | general
(1 row)

so it tries to check for updated version of ovirt-node-ng-image-update, but
there is no ovirt-node-ng-image-update package installed inside updated node image, so engine always shows
available updates on this node to the same version:
> Check for available updates on host XXX was completed successfully with message 'found updates for packages ovirt-node-ng-image-4.1.1-1.el7.centos, ovirt-node-ng-image-update-4.1.1-1.el7.centos'.
I saw a bug in bugzilla, that it should be fixed in 4.0
Initially engine was set up as 4.x version, after that updated between releases and finally to 4.1.0,
and today to 4.1.1.
I saw this behavior on 4.1.0 node and also on 4.1.1, on this page:
http://www.ovirt.org/node/4.0/update/
Maybe my OvirtNodePackageNamesForCheckUpdate was changed between releases, but engine-setup left it untouched
and i should change it manually? If so, what it should look like?