[ovirt-users] engine upgrade 4.1.0 => 4.1.1, no more engine console available

Nelson Lameiras nelson.lameiras at lyra-network.com
Fri Mar 24 14:11:34 UTC 2017

Hello,

When upgrading my test setup from 4.0 to 4.1, my engine vm lost it's console (from SPICE to None in GUI)

My test setup :
2 manually built hosts using centos 7.3, ovirt 4.1
1 manually built hosted engine centos 7.3, oVirt 4.1.0.4-el7, accessible with SPICE console via GUI

I updated ovirt-engine from 4.1.0 to 4.1.1 by doing on engine :
- yum update
- engine-setup
- reboot engine

When accessing 4.1.1 GUI, Graphics is set to "None" on "Virtual Machines" page, with "console button" greyed out (all other VMs have the same Graphics set to the same value as before)
I tried to edit engine VM settings, and console options are same as before (SPLICE, QXL).

I'm hopping this is not a new feature, since if we loose network on engine, console is the only way to debug...

Is this a bug?

ps. I was able to reproduce this bug 2 times

cordialement, regards,

	Nelson LAMEIRAS
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux / Systems and Networks engineer
Tel: +33 5 32 09 09 70
nelson.lameiras at lyra-network.com

www.lyra-network.com | www.payzen.eu

Lyra Network, 109 rue de l'innovation, 31670 Labège, FRANCE