[ovirt-users] appliance upgrade 4.0 to 4.1

Nelson Lameiras nelson.lameiras at lyra-network.com
Fri Mar 24 14:25:44 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade an appliance based oVirt install (2 nodes with centos 7.3, ovirt 4.0) using "hosted-engine --upgrade-appliance" on one host.

After multiples tries, I always get this error at the end :

[ INFO ] Running engine-setup on the appliance
|- Preparing to restore:
|- - Unpacking file '/root/engine_backup.tar.gz'
|- FATAL: Backup was created by version '4.0' and can not be restored using the installed version 4.1
|- HE_APPLIANCE_ENGINE_RESTORE_FAIL
[ ERROR ] Engine backup restore failed on the appliance

is this normal?
is this process not yet compatible with oVirt 4.1 appliance?
which is the "official" way to update oVirt from 4.0 to 4.1

I tried to do a "yum update && engine setup && reboot" on engine, and indeed it works, but there is no rollback possible, so it seems a little dangerours (?)

cordialement, regards,

	Nelson LAMEIRAS
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux / Systems and Networks engineer
Tel: +33 5 32 09 09 70
nelson.lameiras at lyra-network.com

www.lyra-network.com | www.payzen.eu

Lyra Network, 109 rue de l'innovation, 31670 Labège, FRANCE