[ovirt-users] Automatic restart of VM on another host if a host goes down

Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 20:27:59 UTC 2017

Il 26 mar 2017 6:34 PM, "Anantha Raghava" <raghav at exzatechconsulting.com>
ha scritto:

Hello,

We are now using oVirt 4.1 in our lab with 2 hosts and a separate server
for engine. Both hosts (Dell R710 Servers) are in a single cluster and load
balancing & migrations work perfectly.

However, if a physical server goes down, the VMs running on that server,
gets paused ans status goes changes to "?". They do not move or restart on
the another host automatically. We have to manually intervene, stop the
VMs, restart them on another server.

Is there a way in which this migration can be automated?

Hello,

Did you configure power management?

HA works only if power management is configured and vms are set as highly
available.

Luca