[ovirt-users] How to re-initialize storage?

Peter Wood peterwood.sd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 18:53:05 UTC 2017

Hi,

I inherited a small oVirt cluster with 3 nodes using iSCSI storage.

The LUNs used by the oVirt nodes were also accessible by some VMware nodes.

By mistake an action was started on VMware to initialize and start using
the same LUNs, which it happily did. This rendered the storage no longer
usable by oVirt nodes. All VMs went down, their image files no longer
accessible, the whole cluster became unusable without access to the shared
storage.

We have recovered from backups and moved the VMs to another cluster and now
I want to get this oVirt cluster back up and running.

I'm not an oVirt expert so everything I tried was through the web interface
and everything failed because storage is not accessible. I can't remove
VMs, I can't remove nodes, I can't remove the storage domain.

What is the right approach to destroy the cluster and rebuild it and
re-initialize the storage?

Even better if I can just remove all VMs from the inventory and somehow
tell it to make the storage LUNs usable again?

Any help is highly appreciated?

Thank you,

-- Peter