[ovirt-users] Migration from oVirt to RHEV

FERNANDO FREDIANI fernando.frediani at upx.com
Tue Mar 28 13:15:05 UTC 2017

Hi there.

I currently have a oVirt environment and we are disposed to support the
development of the project so decided to purchase the Subscriptions for
RHEV.

In order to do a smooth migration what is the best way ? Can I add a
RHEV Node to oVirt Engine and live migrate Virtual Machines then
disconnect the RHEV Node and connect it to RHEV engine ? Or the
contrary, bring up a RHEV Engine up, disconnect oVirt-Nodes and connect
them to the RHEV Engine, than migrate the Virtual Machines to RHEV Host.

In the case none of the above is possible how can I migrate my oVirt
running VMs to RHEV enviroment without much hassle ?

Thanks
Fernando