[ovirt-users] Gluster and oVirt 4.0 questions

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 08:27:32 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Liron Aravot <laravot at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Jim, please see inline
>
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 4:08 AM, Jim Kusznir <jim at palousetech.com> wrote:
>
>> hello:
>>
>> I've been running my ovirt Version 4.0.5.5-1.el7.centos cluster for a
>> while now, and am now revisiting some aspects of it for ensuring that I
>> have good reliability.
>>
>> My cluster is a 3 node cluster, with gluster nodes running on each node.
>> After running my cluster a bit, I'm realizing I didn't do a very optimal
>> job of allocating the space on my disk to the different gluster mount
>> points.  Fortunately, they were created with LVM, so I'm hoping that I can
>> resize them without much trouble.
>>
>> I have a domain for iso, domain for export, and domain for storage, all
>> thin provisioned; then a domain for the engine, not thin provisioned.  I'd
>> like to expand the storage domain, and possibly shrink the engine domain
>> and make that space also available to the main storage domain.  Is it as
>> simple as expanding the LVM partition, or are there more steps involved?
>> Do I need to take the node offline?
>>

> I didn't understand completely that part - what is the difference between
> the domain for storage and the domain for engine you mentioned?

I think the domain for engine is the one storing Hosted Engine data.
You should be able to expand your underlying LVM partition without having
to take the node offline

>> second, I've noticed that the first two nodes seem to have a full copy of
>> the data (the disks are in use), but the 3rd node appears to not be using
>> any of its storage space...It is participating in the gluster cluster,
>> though.

Is the volume created as replica 3? If so, fully copy of the data should be
present on all 3 nodes. Please provide the output of "gluster volume info"

>> Third, currently gluster shares the same network as the VM networks.  I'd
>> like to put it on its own network.  I'm not sure how to do this, as when I
>> tried to do it at install time, I never got the cluster to come online; I
>> had to make them share the same network to make that work.

While creating the bricks the network intended for gluster should have been
used to identify the brick in hostname:brick-directory. Changing this at a
later point is a bit more involved. Please check online or on gluster-users
on changing IP address associated with brick.