[ovirt-users] One of my 2 identical Nodes keeps restarting every couple of hours

George Mcro george.mcro at experia.gr
Fri Mar 31 12:23:23 UTC 2017

Hello,
My infrastructure consist of 2 ovirt-nodes and one ovirt-engine. All of them use Centos 7.
I have already configured Ovirt-Engine and both of ovirt-nodes. Before I install the two ovirt-nodes in Ovirt engine, I install this repo in both of them --> yum install http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release41.rpm.
I want to clarify that the ovirt engine is HP proliant DL380 G6 and the 2 ovirt nodes are HP Proliant DL380G7. Also, the ovirt-node servers are hardware identical(same motherboard, same HP model, same NIC’s etc).
Now, the issue.
Ovirt-Node no2(hype02) operates perfectly for days with 4 VM’s on it. But, when I am migrating vm’s from ovirt-Node no2 (hype02) to ovirt-Node no1 (hype01) to see if it is capable to operate like hype02, it restarts after couple of hours (2-4).

Ovirt engine event logs report :
VDSM hype01 command GetStatsVDS failed: Heartbeat exceeded (hype01).
                                                                Or
VDSM hype01 command GetStatsVDS failed: Connection issue java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection timeout

I have done almost every change I could think of. I reinstall Centos 7 couple of times, upgrade BIOS and iLO in the latest version. Moreover, I changed Hard Drives (with the same HP Model), Motherboard, and RAMs but nothing worked.

Then, I tried something else. I put the server in Maintenance mode and voila, it was operating for 4 days straight without restarting.

So, I do not know what it’s wrong and logs sadly do not help me understand.
I will post here some log files, dmesg, messages, supervdsm and vdsm.
Any ideas what’s the issue here. Hardware or Software. Any help would be appreciated.

King Regards,
George Mcro