[ovirt-users] configuring gluster volumes/bricks from ovirt ??

Matthias Leopold matthias.leopold at meduniwien.ac.at
Wed May 3 14:14:29 UTC 2017

hi,

i'm trying to get into this gluster thing with oVirt and added a 2 node
gluster cluster to my oVirt 4.1 data center (just for testing, i know it
can't have HA with 2 nodes). provisioning of the storage hosts did
apparently work and my storage cluster seems to be operational.

i have very little understanding of glusterfs right know, but what i
think i am missing in the interface is a way to configure volumes/bricks
on my gluster cluster/hosts so i can use them for storage domains (i
want to use a "managed gluster volume"), the drop down "Gluster" in "New
domain" is empty. all i could find for storage specific UI was the
"Services" tab for the storage cluster which is empty.

i'm not using a hyperconverged/self-hosted setup, my engine is located
on a dedicated server and i used iSCSI storage for data master domain.
my hosts (for hypervisors and gluster storage) where installed on top of
centos7, not using oVirt Node.

does my setup make sense (it's only for testing)?
do i have to configure gluster hosts manually?
do i need more than 2 storage hosts when i want to configure gluster
with ovirt (in hyperconverged setup 3 hosts are mandatory)?
do i need oVirt Node/cockpit on the storage hosts to do further
configuration?

thanks a lot for reading
matthias