[ovirt-users] Hosted engine already imported

Jamie Lawrence jlawrence at squaretrade.com
Wed May 3 22:07:29 UTC 2017

> On May 2, 2017, at 12:04 AM, Simone Tiraboschi <stirabos at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 1:11 AM, Jamie Lawrence <jlawrence at squaretrade.com> wrote:
> I’m wondering if I can do this a different way. Since it is already imported, I can create VMs, and the only other warning I’m getting in the logs is unrelated, I’m thinking that the problem here is that something didn’t get properly set in the DB, and I should be able to fix that manually.

> I realize this is not supposed to be the way to do things. But I’m not finding a better solution, and attempting to find a “right” way via questions to this isn’t working either. And of course I take full responsibility when Ovirt  kills my pets and drinks all my liquor.
>

> I'd suggest to destroy (but without deleting its content!!!) the hosted-engine storage domain in the engine: the auto-import process should simply trigger again.

OK, I'm in a place where I can try this, but am unsure as to how to do it. Selecting the hosted engine SD, it won't allow me to place it in maintenance ("Error while executing action: Cannot deactivate Storage. The storage selected contains the self hosted engine."). Poking around more the only related action I can find that isn't disabled is Gluster stop, which, if it is allowed, would seem likely to end badly - if the Gluster volume is stopped,  the running engine VM won't be accessible,  and of course the engine auto-import process wouldn't find anything.

So, how does one destroy the hosted engine volume from within the engine?

-j