[ovirt-users] configuring gluster volumes/bricks from ovirt ??

Matthias Leopold matthias.leopold at meduniwien.ac.at
Thu May 4 07:46:08 UTC 2017

Am 2017-05-04 um 09:00 schrieb knarra:
> On 05/04/2017 12:28 PM, knarra wrote:
>> On 05/03/2017 07:44 PM, Matthias Leopold wrote:
>>> hi,
>>>

>>> i'm trying to get into this gluster thing with oVirt and added a 2
>>> node gluster cluster to my oVirt 4.1 data center (just for testing, i
>>> know it can't have HA with 2 nodes). provisioning of the storage
>>> hosts did apparently work and my storage cluster seems to be
>>> operational.
>>>
>>> i have very little understanding of glusterfs right know, but what i
>>> think i am missing in the interface is a way to configure
>>> volumes/bricks on my gluster cluster/hosts so i can use them for
>>> storage domains (i want to use a "managed gluster volume"), the drop
>>> down "Gluster" in "New domain" is empty. all i could find for storage
>>> specific UI was the "Services" tab for the storage cluster which is
>>> empty.
>> once gluster hosts are added into the UI, user will be able to see
>> volumes created on that hosts and to use them as storage domains. For
>> this you will need to create a new storage domain with the mount path
>> as gluster volume path.
>>>
>>> i'm not using a hyperconverged/self-hosted setup, my engine is
>>> located on a dedicated server and i used iSCSI storage for data
>>> master domain. my hosts (for hypervisors and gluster storage) where
>>> installed on top of centos7, not using oVirt Node.
>>>
>>> does my setup make sense (it's only for testing)?
>>> do i have to configure gluster hosts manually?
>> yes, you will have to do this manually .
> Installing gluster packages have to done manually. Once gluster packages
> are installed you can create a gluster cluster from ovirt UI , add
> gluster hosts and create volumes on them using the volumes tab.

i'm sorry, but i'm missing all these "Gluster Volumes" UI components
that are mentioned in
http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/gluster/gluster-support/.
the tabs i see for my storage cluster are "General", "Logical Networks",
"Hosts", "Services", "Permissions". as i said "Services" is empty, is
that a problem?

what's wrong?

thx
matthias