[ovirt-users] IPv6 with legacy (linux bridge) networking.

Eduardo Mayoral emayoral at arsys.es
Fri May 12 08:49:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

    First of all, sorry for the rookie question. Because of my network
setup my compute nodes (CentOS 7.3) are in a network segment without
IPv6 routing, however IPv6 is enabled on the hosts (just the default
setup in CentOS 7).

    This leads to problems when I try to install or update packages from
the repos since some of them are already on IPv6 and the compute nodes
try to access them over IPv6 and fail.

    I am considering disabling IPv6 on the compute nodes. Right now I am
using legacy (linux bridge) networking. Will disabling IPv6 on the
compute nodes prevent using IPv6 on the guest VMs?

    Thanks!

--
Eduardo Mayoral Jimeno (emayoral at arsys.es)
Administrador de sistemas. Departamento de Plataformas. Arsys internet.