[ovirt-users] ovs-vswitchd high cpu usage

Arnaud Lauriou arnaud.lauriou at irisa.fr
Fri May 12 13:29:49 UTC 2017

Hi,

Just updated last week ovirt hosts from 4.0.6 to 4.1.1 and I noticed
ovs-vswitchd
high cpu usage, around 100%.

My cluster switch type is in legacy mode, so I decided to stop
ovs-vswitchd process
on each ovirt host.

This morning, when trying to run a new VM and I've got the following
error message :
Exit message: (21, 'Executing commands failed: ovs-vsctl:
unix:/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock: database connection failed (No such
file or directory)')

Even if the cluster is in legacy mode, it seems that ovs-vswitchd needs
to be up and running for vdsm.

So, how can reduce the cpu usage of ovs-vswitchd process ?

Regards,

Arnaud