[ovirt-users] [GlusterFS] Regarding gluster backup-volfile-servers option

knarra knarra at redhat.com
Thu May 18 06:24:44 UTC 2017

On 05/18/2017 10:35 AM, TranceWorldLogic . wrote:
> Thanks,
> Would you also explain about my 2nd question ?
>
> let say hostB mounted glusterFS partition by using backup vol (e.g.
> hostB) and after some time Host A come online, will GlusterFS client
> (mount) automatically switch to Host A ?
mount will not switch automatically to Host A .

In an ideal case i.e with out using backup-vol-file-server option if
host B goes down, you mount will not be accessible since host B went
down and df -TH or mount does not show the volume or it says "Transport
End point not connected".

Take the case where using backup-volfile-server option. If host B goes
down, your mount will still be accessible since there is
backup-volfile-server and df -TH or mount still shows that volume is
mounted using Host B, but all the internal requests will be served
through Host A.