[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine Setup with the gluster bricks on the same disk as the OS

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 09:50:27 UTC 2017

Well, I tried both of the following:
1. Having only a boot partition and a PV for the OS that does not take
up the entire disk, and then specifying "sda" in Hosted Engine Setup.
2. Having not only a boot partition and a PV for the OS, but also an
empty (and not formatted) /dev/sda3 PV that I created with fdisk.
Then, specfying "sda3" in Hosted Engine Setup.

Both attempts resulted in errors like this:
failed: [centerpoint.ad.depaulo.org] (item=/dev/sda3) => {"failed":
true, "failed_when_result": true, "item": "/dev/sda3", "msg": "
Device /dev/sda3 not found (or ignored by filtering).\n", "rc": 5}

It seems like having gluster bricks on the same disk as the OS doesn't
work at all.

I am going to buy separate OS SSDs.

-Mike