[ovirt-users] Docker images for oVirt engine

Leni Kadali Mutungi lenikmutungi at gmail.com
Mon May 22 03:07:35 UTC 2017

On 5/22/17, Leni Kadali Mutungi <lenikmutungi at gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/19/17, Juan Hernández <jhernand at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 05/19/2017 05:20 AM, Leni Kadali Mutungi wrote:
>> Running `make build` went fine until I saw this error:
>>
>> Step 26/34 : RUN sed -i 's/multipathd.service //g'
>> /usr/lib/systemd/system/vdsmd.service
>>  ---> Running in 6a0948c94798
>> ERRO[0104] containerd: notify OOM events                 error=cgroup
>> path for memory not found
>> sed: can't read /usr/lib/systemd/system/vdsmd.service: No such file or
>> directory
>> The command '/bin/sh -c sed -i 's/multipathd.service //g'
>> /usr/lib/systemd/system/vdsmd.service' returned a non-zero code: 2
>> Failed to build image 'ovirt/vdsc:master'
>>
>> I tried restarting the Docker daemon and re-running `make build`,
>> since before this I got this error:
>>
>> Message from syslogd at localhost at May 19 06:07:57 ... kernel:[
>> 7498.623027] unregister_netdevice: waiting for lo to become free.
>> Usage count = 1
>>

> Did that restart of the docker daemon resolve the problem?
>
> As far as I can tell that 'RUN sed' instruction that failed is correct.
> I just re-checked it in my environment and it works correctly. Looks
> more like a resources issue or a bug in docker itself. The message says
> OOM, out of memory, is that machine low on memory maybe?
>
> Restart of the docker daemon does not solve the issue. Will try to see
> how the memory issue can be solved, since I have enough memory (8GB),
> so the problem is not hardware.

Seems to be a problem related to the Debian Kernel. cgroup swap
accounting is not enabled. I tried adding `cgroup_enable=memory
swapaccount=1` to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT option in
/etc/default/grub
after the `quiet` option. After this I ran `sudo update-grub` and
restarted my computer. The memory error has disappeared, the RUN sed
instruction error has not.

Step 26/34 : RUN sed -i 's/multipathd.service //g'
/usr/lib/systemd/system/vdsmd.service
 ---> Running in 67d580645333
sed: can't read /usr/lib/systemd/system/vdsmd.service: No such file or directory
The command '/bin/sh -c sed -i 's/multipathd.service //g'
/usr/lib/systemd/system/vdsmd.service' returned a non-zero code: 2
Failed to build image 'ovirt/vdsc:master'

Is vdsm a dependency for ovirt-containers? If so, how do I get the container to
successfully locate the service it seems to be looking for?

CCing Oved Ourfali since Juan Hernández is on vacation till May 29th.

--
- Warm regards
Leni Kadali Mutungi