[ovirt-users] ovirt-guest-agent in Debian 5 and 6

Tomáš Golembiovský tgolembi at redhat.com
Mon May 22 14:50:35 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Thu, 18 May 2017 09:56:23 +0200
Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:03 PM, Khaio Lopes <khaio at isolve.com.br> wrote:
>
> > Good morning group.
> > I have Debian 5 and 6 and would like to install ovirt-guest-agent. Can any
> > of you help with this?
> >

> Hi,
> according to
> https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/guest-agent/install-the-guest-agent-in-debian/

The mentioned page is not up to date. ovirt-guest-agent is now available
from official repositories for Debian 8 (jessie) up.

> Debian 7 or higher is needed for running the guest agent.

That being said, I don't know if the package for Debian 7 is still
available somewhere.

For Debian 5 and 6 you're on your own. If you're familiar with building
of Debian packages you may try to reuse the debian/ directory in
ovirt-guest-agent sources here:

https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-guest-agent.git;a=summary

Or from the official debian package:

https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/ovirt-guest-agent

Note that it will not be easy as easy as just running
'dpkg-buildpackage' and certain amount of tweaking will be necessary.

    Tomas

--
Tomáš Golembiovský <tgolembi at redhat.com>