[ovirt-users] perf tool ?

Fabrice Bacchella fabrice.bacchella at orange.fr
Wed May 24 14:12:34 UTC 2017

I'm playing with perf in vm and getting inconsistent result. But I wonder if it's a kvm, ovirt or hardware problem.

On a ovirt's vm:
$ sudo perf list | grep Hardware | wc -l
1
$ lscpu
Model name:            Intel Core Processor (Haswell, no TSX)

On another ovirt's vm:
$ sudo perf list | grep Hardware | wc -l
27
$ lscpu
Model name:            AMD Opteron 23xx (Gen 3 Class Opteron)

On a libvirtm vm:
sudo perf list | grep Hardware | wc -l
1
lscpu
Model name:            Westmere E56xx/L56xx/X56xx (Nehalem-C)

Look's like intel CPU don't expose hardware events. Is there an option on kvm or ovirt to help that ?