[ovirt-users] Building oVirt engine on Debian

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu May 25 05:58:38 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 6:05 AM, Leni Kadali Mutungi
<lenikmutungi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ran `make clean install-dev` and the process freezes at:
> [INFO] weaveinfo Join point 'constructor-execution(void
> com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.impl.ControlFlowAnalyzer.<init>(com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.ast.JProgram))'
> in Type 'com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.impl.ControlFlowAnalyzer'
> (ControlFlowAnalyzer.java:905) advised by after advice from
> 'org.ovirt.engine.ui.gwtaop.DontPrune' (DontPrune.java)
>
> My computer freezes at that point and I have to power it off. I tried
> doing it in the terminal without the Desktop Environment and I get the
> same result. The component being built is the UI Common Web. Advice on
> what to do next is appreciated.

How long did you wait?

Perhaps you run out of memory? How much do you have?

Was the kernel not responding either?

You can search the net for general debugging techniques for such
occasions. E.g. you can (beforehand):

echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq

Then you can press Alt-SysRq-m to see (in text console) memory status
and Alt-SysRq-t to see some information about each running task.

Did you increase number of max open file descriptors?

Building the gwt ui is a very heavy process.

You can build for firefox only by passing BUILD_ALL_USER_AGENTS=0,
or not build it at all by passing BUILD_GWT=0.

See also README.adoc .

Good luck,

> --
> - Warm regards