[ovirt-users] ovirt-node-ng & gluster installation question

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Thu May 25 10:21:59 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 3:13 PM, NUNIN Roberto <Roberto.Nunin at comifar.it>
wrote:

> I’m trying to install latest oVirt release on a cluster lab.
>

> I have 6 servers and I need to use gluster from hyperconverged hosted
> engine lab, all of them have volumes for gluster storage, apart OS disks.
>

> Servers are installed with ovirt-node-ng-installer-ovirt-4.1-pre-2017051210
> iso image.
>
> After installation, full update.
>

> I’m try to follow the guide in : http://www.ovirt.org/blog/
> 2017/04/up-and-running-with-ovirt-4-1-and-gluster-storage/
>
> In this guide, I can seen in the host selection, the possibility to add
> more than three hosts to the cluster.
>
> In current cockpit version, I can’t see this.

Yes, we changed it to a 3 host setup only and removed the possibility to
add more hosts in the initial setup.

> These are cockpit components, installed in all six servers:
>

> cockpit-ws-140-1.el7.centos.x86_64
>
> cockpit-system-140-1.el7.centos.noarch
>
> cockpit-140-1.el7.centos.x86_64
>
> cockpit-dashboard-140-1.el7.centos.x86_64
>
> cockpit-storaged-140-1.el7.centos.noarch
>
> cockpit-ovirt-dashboard-0.10.7-0.0.18.el7.centos.noarch
>
> cockpit-bridge-140-1.el7.centos.x86_64
>

> Two questions:
>

> Must I proceed with only three servers and only after add the remainder
> three to the cluster, to have distributed&replicated gluster solution or I
> must change something in the first installation phase, to add all six
> servers from the beginning ?

Please proceed with 3 servers, and then add the remaining 3 to the cluster
from the oVirt UI.

You can add additional gluster volumes from the 3 new servers and create
new storage domain.

If you want to expand the gluster volume that was created in the initial
setup (i.e add new bricks to it) - it's advised to add bricks while there
are no VMs running (this is if you're on a gluster version =3.8, as there's
a bug with rebalance with ongoing I/O)

> In the second cockpit screen there aren’t default repo/packages, must I
> leave it blank ? (servers are already updated).

Yes, leave this blank