[ovirt-users] error: hosted engine setup

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Mon May 29 07:39:27 UTC 2017

It seams that VDSM is not correctly able to crete the managem bridge since
NetworkManager reports an error about
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.bak
Did you manually copied it? could you please move it away?

May 28 23:45:13 ovirt-node1.lab vdsm[13288]: vdsm jsonrpc.JsonRpcServer
ERROR Internal server error
                                             Traceback (most recent call
last):
                                               File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yajsonrpc/__init__.py", line 565, in
_handle_request
                                                 res = method(**params)
                                               File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/rpc/Bridge.py", line 198, in
_dynamicMethod
                                                 result = fn(*methodArgs)
                                               File
"/usr/share/vdsm/API.py", line 1575, in setupNetworks

 supervdsm.getProxy().setupNetworks(networks, bondings, options)
                                               File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/supervdsm.py", line 53, in __call__
                                                 return callMethod()
                                               File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/supervdsm.py", line 51, in <lambda>
                                                 **kwargs)
                                               File "<string>", line 2, in
setupNetworks
                                               File
"/usr/lib64/python2.7/multiprocessing/managers.py", line 773, in _callmethod
                                                 raise
convert_to_error(kind, result)
                                             DBusException:
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Settings.InvalidConnection: ifcfg path
'/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.bak' is not an ifcfg base file

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 9:23 AM, <ovirt at fateknollogee.com> wrote:

> On 2017-05-29 03:19, Simone Tiraboschi wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> could you please attach vdsm and hosted-engine-setup log files?
>>
>> On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 9:15 AM, <ovirt at fateknollogee.com> wrote:
>>
>> Trying to complete the hosted engine setup, I get this Error
>>> message:
>>> Failed to execute stage 'Closing up': The VM is not powering up:
>>> please check VDSM logs
>>> Hosted Engine deployment failed: this system is not reliable,
>>> please check the issue,fix and redeploy
>>>
>>> I will restart the setup & see if that clears things up.
>>>

>> Links:
>> ------
>>

> I can't re-run the setup since I now have the following errors:
>
> The following VMs have been found: 48190b5d-835c-4417-9f2b-0af51558b594
> -Failed to execute stage 'Environment setup': Cannot setup Hosted Engine
> with other VMs running
> -Hosted Engine deployment failed

You could run:
/usr/sbin/ovirt-hosted-engine-cleanup